Book an Appointment Online
Established in 1998, Helen Summers Optometrist is a family-owned and operated optometry clinic in Parap. From our first clinic in Fannie Bay to our Nikon flagship practice on The Avenue, we have strived to provide the very best in eyecare for patients of all ages.
Our clinic is an Australian training practice for the latest eye health technology, including dispensing tools and consulting software. We have formed a partnership with Flinders University to assist in the education of future optometrists. Practice owner Helen and her team host final year optometry students for training, mentoring and practical assessment.
In addition to our Darwin practice, we also provide remote optometry clinics throughout the Northern Territory.
Helen Summers Optometrist is proud to be an award-winning Northern Territory eyecare clinic.
Master of Optometry; Grad.Cert.Ocular Therapeutics; FAICD; Fellow of Behavioural Optometry
Helen Summers has been in private practice in Darwin for 21 years with 8 visiting clinics in regional and remote areas across 1500 sq km of the Top End. These clinics provide support to communities with donated ready-made glasses, sunglasses and low cost spectacles.
Helen has an interest in dry eye and anterior eye disease, glaucoma and macular management, contact lenses, children's vision, neuro-optometry conditions and indigenous health and embraces the latest in technology and research ideas.
- Master of Optometry
- Grad. Cert. Ocular Therapeutics
- Fellow Australian College of Behavioural Optometry
- CASA Accredited Optometrist
- Chairman: Australia Optometric Panel 2012 - current (member since 2007)
- Chairman: Associate Members Health Network NT (previous NTML)
- Director: Crime Stoppers NT
- Director: Guide Dogs SA NT (2007 - current)
- Member: Service Delivery Committee Board
- Member: The International Vision Academy, an Essilor Initiative based in Singapore (2014 - current)
- Member: Indigenous Working Group, Optometry Australia (2012 - current)
- 2013 National Business Owner Award Winner, Telstra Business Women's Awards
- 2013 NT Business Woman of the Year, Innovation Award, Business Owner Award, Telstra Business Woman's Award
- 2014 Australia Business Woman's Hall of Fame Inductee
After completing her Bachelor of Vision Science and Master of Optometry at Deakin University in 2017, Lanchi has just returned home to provide current best practice optometric services to the community. Having grown up in the territory, she has a special interest in indigenous eye health, in addition to children's vision, ocular disease management and holistic patient care. She strongly believes that everyone deserves access to quality eyecare, and strives to fulfil this belief through her everyday interactions with patients.
Natalie De Costa
Our specialised equipment can assist with the early detection of eye conditions or deterioration. For patients sufferering from eye conditions, our assessments can help with the management of your current condition.
Our advanced testing and equipment includes:
- 2012 Eyecare Plus "Outstanding Practice of the Year"
Helen Summers Optometrist was awarded "Outstanding Practice of the Year" at the 2012 Eyecare Plus conference from 180 Eyecare Plus practices around Australia.
The award recognises the 95% practice accreditation achieved by Helen Summers Optometrist, and endorses the efforts of all staff in striving to provide exceptional quality care.
- Eyecare Plus 5 Star National Accreditation, the highest possible distinction for quality, assurance, business efficiency, service, cleanliness and value